The Chili Cook-off is the place to showcase your skills. We want to show the region, the state and the country the top notch dining experience Sacramento has to offer while supporting a great cause.
All proceeds from this fun-filled 4-hour cook-off event (think live music, local breweries, local wineries, great food) will be donated to the Our Lady of Grace School (a 501c3 charity). If your restaurant uses fresh, local ingredients and you’re interested in competing in Sacramento’s premier chili cook-off event, please fill out the application below.
Some quick points:
- 🌶 The event will be held on Saturday, November 18, 2017, from 6-10pm
- 🌶 We’re expecting an attendance of 500+ chili loving, hungry people to attend this event. Each attendee will be served as many 3-ounce servings of chili they can eat. Be prepared.
- 🌶 We suggest bringing at least 8 gallons of chili, maybe more...
- 🌶 You’ll be serving up chili samples to all attendees (3-ounce serving can include toppings)
- 🌶 You will be cooking up great chili in an off the hook location!
- 🌶 We will have an official panel judging the cook-off as well as a People’s Choice 🏆 winner decided by event attendees.
- 🌶 There is no fee for restaurants to compete in the Chili Cook-off. We provide the crowd, signage, fun times (and libations) you provide the donation of the food to be cooked :)
- 🌶 While we’d love to have every awesome restaurant in the Sacramento compete, we have limited spots available for the competition. This form is to help us gauge interest in who wants to be a part of this event.
- 🌶 We’ll be accepting the first 15 of the Sacramento area's restaurants that sign up to participate.
Chili competitors are limited to restaurants, caterers, food truck operators and professional chefs. We do have a Cornbread Challenge for home chefs. Due to limited space, not all applicants will be selected to compete. Competitors will be notified at least 3 weeks before the event.
Any questions, please contact us. We’d love to hear from you! After you fill out the form, we will confirm receipt of the application. More event details and updates will be provided as the event date nears.